Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Yes, i know i know, this blog is long overdo, but i haven't had much to talk about until, well, now! so here it goes!

This weekend, i went to the good ole city of Birmingham! i got to see my best friend Naomi Joy and it was a refresher. I have missed her more than words can describe, and being 3 and a half hours away from here is not my idea of awesome. but it is what it is.
Anyways, while in Birmingham i saw , yes, the Rocket Summer. :) Bryce Avary is an INCREDIBLE musician. He can play all the instruments in the songs you hear himself and actually showed us that this weekend. It was so much fun being with Naomi Joy and watching the Rocket Summer.

Sunday, i came back to watch my love Krissy sing her songs she made up at church. They of course were BEAUTIFUL and her voice just blows me away everytime! Also playing was Blake who played his own songs as well! While they were singing, i could completely feel God yelling at me! it was like he was screaming through one of those things! I couldn't have imagined it being any louder.
He put it on my heart and he put it on there hard that this is what i am supposed to do. I am supposed to do this Non-Traditional Arts ministry and i am supposed to do it big.

Later that night, i was talking to some friends about this pounding at my heart and my friend Blake suggested starting off small with local bands. I considered it, but I felt that tug at my heart, and i knew, starting off small was not an option. When this ministry, whatever it may be, starts off, it is going to start off with a BANG!

I went home and started praying. begging for God to hear my prayers of confusion. He did, only he made me 20x more confused! I was talking to God about this ministry and how i know i am supposed to do it, but how i was SOO very confused on how to start, when to start, where to start, and frankly, what this ministry even is! When i thought i couldn't get anymore confused, i got so frustrated i got on facebook... I noticed i had a picture comment.....

This picture comment led to a friend of mine telling me that she has some major connections with a pretty big band! She told me that the lead singer and her were pretty good friends, and she has hung out with this band before.. As hard as i had been praying about this ministry and doing it big, the chances of this being a coincident is present, but i think it is little to none. Just when i thought i could not get anymore confused!


So i am asking you guys for prayers.. I don't know where this thing is going, but i know its going places. Prayers would be awesomee! also, names for this very blurry ministry would be awesome as well.. :))


Matthew 25:14-30

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment